In this context, the committee, in particular:
- Analyzes and evaluates the appropriateness of acts, adopted by the Assembly of Kosovo, with the Constitution;
- Proposes, in certain cases, a draft law, an amendment to the law or an act adopted by the Assembly of Kosovo;
- Considers draft laws in terms of constitutionality and legality;
- Considers political declarations, resolutions and other bylaws adopted by the Assembly of Kosovo in terms of their constitutionality,
- Discusses the principal issues of harmonization of legislation with the Constitution;
- Considers proposals for constitutional amendments;
- Asks the Government to amend the laws in order to harmonize them with other legislation, in particular cases, itself amends laws for this purpose;
- Considers the issues of the judiciary in Kosovo;
- Supervises the implementation of laws, in the area of the judiciary in general.
- Considers other issues determined by this Regulation and issues which, by special decision, are referred to this committee;
- Engages experts on specific issues within the scope of the committee;
- Organizes public hearings on certain issues in the field of legislation;
- Establishes working groups to consider specific issues within the scope of the committee;
- Exercises oversight of the implementation of laws adopted by the Assembly of Kosovo;
- The Committee contacts other committees of the Assembly to inform them on the exercise of oversight function in the implementation of laws adopted by the Assembly;
- Drafts the Rules of Procedure of the Assembly;
- Interprets the Rules of Procedure of the Assembly, when requested by the Assembly;
- Considers the requests for the abolition of the Immunity and the Mandate of the Members of Parliament, and submits recommendations to the Assembly;
- Considers issues related to the methodology and unique technique of drafting legislation;
The committee cooperates with all the ministries from which it can request concrete data from its scope.
The committee also oversees the work of the Anti-Corruption Agency.